When choosing a washing machine it can be hard to tell which washing machine is best when you're simply faced with lots of white boxes. You might just choose any machine because they all wash and rinse your clothes but different machines will have different functions and settings that might suit your lifestyle and make life that bit easier.
There are so many different washing machines on the market and choosing the right one can seem confusing. Here at Appliance World, we stock a huge range of washing machines for every kind of home. From the ever-popular freestanding washing machine to the washer dryer. For more information on our wide range of stock, be sure to call one of our experienced team members today on 0161 794 3030.
Types of Washing Machines
Here at Appliance World, we stock 3 different types of washing machines. These include:
- Freestanding Washing Machines - These washing machines are the most common type. They can be placed anywhere easily as long as they're connected to a drain and a plug socket. They come in a range of sizes to fit many different types of homes.
- Integrated Washing Machines - An integrated washing machine is designed to sit behind a cupboard door so it is covered when the door is closed. They are usually quieter than freestanding and will give your kitchen a sleek, modern look.
- Washer Dryers - A washer dryer combo is a great idea if you are short on space. These are also available as either freestanding or integrated.
What Drum Size Do I Need?
We stock washing machines with drum sizes ranging from 8.5kg to 11kg. Most people tend to go for washing machines with drum sizes of between 9kg and 10kg, but it truly depends on how much washing you expect to do. The drum size is based on the number of kilos of dry clothing you'll be able to fit in the drum. However, the maximum capacity quoted usually only refers to the main cotton programs.
Most medium-sized households in the UK will find a 7kg capacity machine perfectly adequate.
Some important points to remember are:
- Buy a washing machine with a drum you won't struggle to fill.
- The bigger the capacity, the more the washing machine will cost to buy and run, so make sure it is the right capacity for you.
- Prefer to wash little and often? Maybe go for a smaller drum size.
- Do all your washing in one go? Go for a bigger drum size.
Washing Machine Efficiency
If you're looking to save money on your monthly bills, or just do your bit for the environment, energy ratings are a good thing to look for. Energy ratings on washing machines will range from A+++(the most efficient) to A. Though if you currently own a washing machine made before December 2013, you may find that it has a rating as low as D, but it's unlikely.
Washing Machine Noise Ratings
If you have young children, want to run the machine at night or just enjoy peace and quiet, how much noise your washing machine makes could be a big factor in which model you decide on.
Most washing machines will average between 40-80dB, with anything under 50dB, considered a particularly quiet model. To give you a bit of an example of what these decibel ratings equate to, a vacuum cleaner is about 70dB and a phone ringing is 80dB.
It's also important to remember that where you put the machine is also a factor. Make sure to choose a model that's the right size so you won't have it vibrating against your kitchen units or another appliance.
Washing Machine Manchester
Our washing machines are delivered and installed throughout the UK, once you've placed your order with us our team will begin preparing your order for shipping. All deliveries are priced depending on your postcode, with fitting and removal available within 20 miles of our store. All washing machines are delivered to the confirmed home address and out-of-area deliveries are delivered by our professional partnered courier directly to your front door.
Our family run business has always believed in providing affordable, quality washing machines for families and people in the Manchester area. Since the beginning, we have wanted to provide a large range of appliances for everyone, and today we are more equipped to do so than ever before. We stock over 1,000 appliances in our large showroom and our customers are sure to walk away with a bargain. Contact us today on 0161 794 3030 and we can help you find the perfect washing machine for your home.